WHO WE ARE:
The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society is a community-based non-profit housing developer and property manager. We were incorporated in 1983, and became a registered charity soon thereafter.
We (The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society) were formed as a group of concerned citizens from the inner city and the faith based community that came together to try and address the housing needs of people experiencing poverty in the inner city neighborhoods.
OBJECTS OF INCORPORATION (1983):
- To obtain, provide and maintain stable and affordable non-profit housing and related services which provide assistance to the disadvantaged, homeless, and low income people of the Edmonton Inner City;
- To inform and educate tenants who are or who will be housed by the Society:
- About the housing alternatives available;
- about the necessary skills to maintain housing accommodation and to better stabilize the housing environment;
- To do such other and additional things that further the objects of the Society by encouraging and maintaining contact with other inner city individuals, community, church and agency organizations in order to better assess and respond to the changing housing needs of the disadvantaged, homeless and low income people of the Edmonton Inner City.