HOW WE ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
We achieve our purpose by:
- developing and managing affordable housing;
- encouraging resident participation in the management and activities of EICHS;
- advocating for the development of affordable housing;
- supporting affordable housing-related endeavours;
- liaising with communities, agencies, governments, funders and members.
- People have a right to stable, accessible, secure, affordable housing.
- There is a need for supportive management when providing affordable housing in the inner city.
- The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society respects and responds to the cultural diversity of the communities it serves.
- The well-being of individuals and the "building of the community" within our buildings are best served through being inclusive, and not labelling tenants, and by providing The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society's Supportive Management Model.
- The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society fosters opportunities for participation, companionship, and support among tenants and the community.
- The Edmonton Inner City Housing Society participates in and contributes to, strengthening the local community.
- People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their life situation.